New Career Opportunity: Data Analyst
Location: Austin, TX or remote
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
- Are you a natural problem solver?
- Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail?
- Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
Then Illuminas has a job opportunity for you!
Illuminas provides primary market research to some of the world’s largest technology companies. As a Data Analyst, you will be cleaning, structuring, and helping to analyze data from our market research projects. You will be assisting the team to create insight that helps drive marketing strategy, product and pricing decisions, thought leadership, and brand positioning around the globe.
- Build upon existing processes to prepare, merge and analyze structured survey data using scripting syntax
- Build upon existing processes to develop automated reports
- Interpret and validate data from a wide variety of research methodologies
- Develop and document ad hoc statistical analyses
- 2-5 years of experience with data analytics and decision support tools preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of database structures and relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics and a passion for marketing analytics
- Ability to manipulate data with concise data transformation syntax and documentation
- Ability to convey analytic content verbally and in writing to non-technical team members
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of consumer behavior and technology
- Degree in a relevant field preferred
- Proficiency with Excel equations and functions
- Proficiency with statistics packages (SPSS, SAS, Python, R or similar)
- General knowledge of scripting languages and conventions (scripting within SPSS preferred)
Illuminas is an award-winning global research consultancy that delivers strategic marketing intelligence across B2B and consumer markets worldwide. Our headquarters are located in sunny Austin, TX, although our entire staff is now working remotely due to COVID-19. In addition to competitive compensation and profit sharing, our employees enjoy numerous additional benefits:
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and parental leave policies
- Fun, modern, laid-back Austin office
- Breakroom fully stocked with snacks and drinks, including an espresso bar
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly happy hours
- Monthly team lunch outings
- Monthly office breakfasts (lots of breakfast tacos!)
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Quarterly offsite parties and company sponsored events
- Company memberships to Amazon Prime & Instacart
Illuminas is an Equal Opportunity Employer