Market Research Manager
As Illuminas continues to grow, our Client Services team is again looking for new Market Research Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated, inquisitive and creative market researcher with 6-7 years of experience executing quantitative and qualitative market research projects.
As a Market Research Manager for Illuminas, you’ll collaborate with both senior and junior staff members to design and execute large-scale projects for clients in a variety of industries (most notably technology, media and online). The ideal candidate will have experience managing all phases of research projects and will thrive on orchestrating the successful execution of projects for Fortune 1000 companies. Our clients come to us with their toughest business issues, so we’re seeking someone who likes to be challenged and enjoys solving complex problems.
- In addition to having a solid understanding of market research skills and methodologies, must be familiar with and tuned into the fine details of each phase of a project:
- Developing detailed project timelines, writing questionnaires and discussion guides, checking online survey programs, facilitating data collection and monitoring sample quotas, coordinating with vendors, conducting in-depth interviews, developing tab and analysis plans, checking data tables, reviewing advanced analysis outputs, developing report templates, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and writing interpretive, analytical summaries.
- Manage all phases of custom market research studies, both qualitative and quantitative, as outlined above.
- Develop project timelines and ensure all project milestones and deliverables are met. Provide regular updates on project timeline and next steps to team.
- Manage team of internal resources, mentoring and training junior staff members and ensuring each team member is meeting internal milestones.
- Formulate executive-level analysis, telling the “story” of each research project and crafting a compelling summary that utilizes visuals/infographics where possible.
- Act as the primary, day-to-day client contact.
- Lead all project-related meetings, including client meetings, internal brainstorms and vendor meetings.
Qualified candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree
- 6-7 years of experience in supplier-side custom market research, with the ability to manage the entire research life-cycle from design through to analysis
- Highly-refined verbal communication style
- Proven written communication skills; candidates are asked to submit a cover letter that is reflective of client communication and report writing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and developed organizational skills
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience with business (B2B) research is preferred
- Mastery of PowerPoint is required; must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Curiosity, a natural desire to answer complex questions, and a dedication to being life-long learning and intellectual challenges
- Technology experience and/or interest is a plus
If you really want to stand out as a candidate to our hiring team, include a cover letter explaining why you feel your experience qualifies you as a great fit attached with your resume when applying.
Illuminas is a fast growing, full-service research consultancy that delivers strategic market intelligence across B2B and consumer technology markets worldwide. Our passionate and driven team is devoted to providing our clients with the strategic insights they need to make more informed business decisions and drive action. Our headquarters are located in sunny Austin, TX, although our entire staff is now working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Variable compensation plan (i.e. annual bonus)
- Spot bonuses
- 401(k) with company match
- 16 paid holidays (including the week in December between Christmas and New Year’s Eve)
- Generous vacation and parental leave policies
- Mentorship program and training opportunities
- A choose-your-own-computer program (Mac vs. PC)
- Company-issued 2TB of OneDrive storage
- Company-issued 1Password account with personal vault
- Company memberships to Amazon Prime & Instacart
- Annual charity donations with company match
Illuminas is an Equal Opportunity Employer